If your Maytag dishwasher won’t turn on, your kitchen’s functionality is put on hold. This may be a highly annoying issue, especially if you’re unsure what’s causing it. To make sure your kitchen gets back in gear we’ll explore five potential reasons for your Maytag dishwasher not working, so that you can get your kitchen back up and running as soon as possible. So if your dishwasher is giving you trouble, don’t despair! Read on for some helpful advice.
Reasons For a Maytag Dishwasher Not Working
Dishwasher issues got you in the pits? Let’s figure out what might be causing your Maytag dishwasher not working and get your kitchen back in action!
1. Check the Power Supply
Your first step should be to check and see if the dishwasher is plugged in. It may seem like an obvious solution, but it’s always worth checking to make sure that the power cord is firmly plugged into the outlet. If it is plugged in, move on to checking your circuit breaker or fuse box. If the dishwasher is still not receiving power, you may want to plug another item in to make sure the outlet is working.
2. Make Sure the Door Can Close Fully
- If the dishwasher won’t turn on, it could be because the door isn’t closed all the way. The dishwasher won’t start if the door isn’t shut properly, so make sure to check that it’s fully closed.
- You should also check to see if there’s anything blocking the door from shutting completely. If something is preventing the door from shutting, the dishwasher won’t turn on.
3. Check the Dishwasher Settings
There are certain modes that can prevent your dishwasher from starting.
- If your dishwasher is set to child safety mode, it can lock the controls and it won’t be able to start.
- Also, a delay mode can be activated that will prevent the dishwasher from starting for a set period of time.
If either of these modes is activated, your dishwasher won’t turn on when you press start.
4. Check the Water Supply
If your Maytag dishwasher isn’t starting, it could be because there’s no water supply to the machine. The first step is to check the line that supplies water to the dishwasher. Make sure the water supply is turned on and flowing freely. If it’s not, check to see if you have a clogged or kinked water line. If it’s clogged or damaged, you may need to replace it. If it’s kinked, straighten it out to see if that solves the problem.
5. Check the Door Switch or Control Board
If the door switch is defective, the dishwasher won’t start. The door switch is activated when the dishwasher door closes, if it’s not working your dishwasher will think it’s open and won’t be able to turn on. A technician can test the door switch with a multi-meter to see if it’s defective.
If your control board is broken it can also prevent the dishwasher from starting. This is also an issue a technician can test with a multimeter to see if it’s defective.
These are just a few potential reasons why your Maytag dishwasher isn’t starting. If you’ve tried all of these solutions and you find your Maytag dishwasher not working still, it’s best to call a dishwasher repair team like Handler Appliance to come and take a look. With their help, you can get your dishwasher back up and running in no time!
P.S. Looking for more appliance tips? Take a look at our blog on a dishwasher leaving dishes wet and our guide on how to fix a dryer not drying well!